Finance & Administration Director
The United Way of the Desert, a dynamic, mission-focused non-profit in Palm Desert, CA has an outstanding opportunity for a highly professional leader to join our team as Finance & Administration Director. Our Mission is to break the cycle of poverty in the Coachella Valley by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
The Finance & Administration Director provides organizational and functional leadership for all finance-related activities. The position serves in an advisory capacity to the Executive Director and Board of Directors providing strategic leadership to support the UWD mission. As part of the Leadership Team, the position collaboratively develops and implements the organization’s short-term and long-term financial operating model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential duties of the Finance & Administration Director include but are not limited to:
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING:
Provides complete financial management and leadership by assuring accurate and forthright record management with high quality and organizational accountability.
1. Conduct fiscal management and internal audit activities including record maintenance, cash management & reconciliation, account payables & receivable, and collection management.
2. Work with Executive Director in preparing annual budget.
3. Prepares the monthly reports, including bank and account reconciliations, close the general ledger monthly and produce appropriate finance reports.
4. Analyses quarterly statements, operating budgets and audit reports.
5. Interface with independent auditor for annual filings and reports.
6. Directs preparations of organizations annual financial report.
7. Directs financial management for annual campaign including pledge auditing and recording, campaign receipting, management of gift designations and tax related donor acknowledgements.
8. Maintain accounting and internal policies and procedures to promote departmental efficiency.
9. Maintain all grant funding income and expenditures for reporting.
10. Serves as staff liaison and works closely with volunteer leadership in the following committees: Finance and Audit. Works closely with volunteer Treasurer.
11. Serve as the event registration coordinator for special fundraising events.
12. Serve as the manager for internal programs and expenditures
Oversees administration of human resources, including but not limited to:
1. Serve as administrator for employee benefits and payroll.
2. Responsible for the maintaining personnel files and records.
3. Ensure Human Resource policies and procedures are administered, implemented and maintained by advising management and staff on application and interpretation of such policies and procedures.
4. Apply HR policies to ensure compliance with government regulations, compensation and benefit laws.
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION:
1. Serve as the system administrator for United Way information systems, training managers and staff on Donation Tracker policies and utilization of Donation Tracker hardware/software as needed.
2. Serves as administrator of grant systems electronically with CEO.
3. Perform other duties as assigned in support of United Way operations and functions.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Skilled in analyzing and interpreting fiscal reports with prior experience in non-profit finance and fund accounting. Quickbooks.
2. Excellent IT Knowledge and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft windows, Excel, Word and Personnel systems.
3. Experience administering employee benefit plans.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
2. Five+ years experience in non-profit or related field necessary.
3. Proficiency with office computer technology and job-related application software
To apply, please email (no phone calls) your Cover Letter and Resume to United Way of the Desert CEO Kristal Granados - Kristal@uwdesert.org.